Thursday, May 31, 2018

Twelve Days of Zentangle - Day 12


For the last day of the Twelve Days of Zentangle, we made Christmas trees by combining three triangle shaped 3Z tiles. I made my own tiles from tan card stock. The instructions in the video have you cut slits in two of the triangles and you are to insert the points into the slits to form the tree shape before gluing the tiles in place. It wasn't necessary to go to that much trouble. I simply glued the three triangles together from the back. This gave me a smoother drawing surface because I didn't have to draw around the slits or the sides of the  tiles where they were inserted into the slits.

I used most of the tangles that Molly used but tweaked or replaced some that I didn't care for. I also used a sepia Micron pen instead of a brown one because I don't have a brown one. As you can see, I went a little crazy with the metallic gold pen. This project was a lot of work but very relaxing and enjoyable.

DAY 12 TANGLES
· Various tangles and fragments

DAY 12 MATERIALS:
· 3 Renaissance 3Z tiles (triangles)
· Micron PN pen (black ink)
· Micron 01 pen (brown ink)
· Gold Gelly Roll pen
· White charcoal pencil (optional)
· Pencil
· Tortillon
· Glue stick
· X-acto knife (optional)

Visit the Zentangle blog HERE to read about and watch all of the videos in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment