Friday, November 1, 2019

Classic Zentangle® - Hollis, Moon Pie & Tipple


For once I drew a classic Zentangle tile that isn't for a prompt in the Keeping It Classic Facebook group. I saw these two new official tangles called "Hollis" and "Moon Pie" on the Zentangle Mosaic app and really wanted to give them a try. There is no published step-out "Moon Pie" but I found one for "Hollis" HERE on Hanny Nura's Instagram page (click the arrow on the right side of the picture that comes up and the step-out is the fourth one). "Hollis" is the vine-like tangle and "Moon Pie" is the tangle that looks a lot like "Crescent Moon" that has been decorated like a fancy dessert.

Many of the example tiles that I've seen featuring "Hollis" also feature "Moon Pie" because they fit so nicely together, as you can see. It was easy enough to figure out how to draw it just by looking at a few examples. If you look closely at my tile, you will see what happens when two Moon Pies end up too close to each other. I added some "Tipple" to fill the gaps near the bottoms of the "Hollis" stems and embellished everything with a double graphite aura.

UPDATE 11/21/19: The step-out for Hollis has been published HERE in the Zentangle newsletter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, but I could not find the stepout for Hollis on Hanny Nura's beautiful Instagram page - any hints as to how to locate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dessie. If you go to the link that I posted above, click the right arrow on the picture that comes up. The step-out is on the fourth page.

      Delete