Thursday, July 7, 2022

Today's Tangle - The Source of Life


Today's octagon tile was inspired by "The Source of Life" project created by Tomás Padrós for the Zentangle Beyond Language event. You can see his tile HERE on Instagram. I really like the organic plant-like silhouettes on his tile so I drew only those and didn't add any color or other embellishments to mine. I looked through my entire stash of tangle patterns to find ones that would work well with this concept.

I used 14 different tangles around the border and I've listed them below along with links to any step-outs that are available. I've listed them in the order they appear on my tile starting from the center bottom-left tangle and going clock-wise around the tile.

1. No name - from a clip-art design

2. Fern - by Jane Monk CZT

3. Lily-eyes - by Skinnystraycat

4. Barb-U - by Cheryl Lees-Haley

5. Puchong - by Michelle Lim CZT

6. Illern - by Annett Ruempler CZT

7. El Prado - by Maria Tovar CZT

8. No name - from a clip-art design

9. Kelp - by Nancy Domnauer

10. Spoon Flwrs - by Kathy Barringer CZT

11. Fractal Curl - by Marie Browning

12. Fescu - by Zentangle

13. Yolo - by Angie Gittles CZT

14. No name - from a clip-art design

3 comments:

  1. Perfect selection of tangles. Neat and lovely tile. Doing it has to be refreshing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a lot of fun to draw. Tomorrow I will post another tile with even more tangle silhouettes.

      Delete
    2. That's great! I will love to see it

      Delete