Sunday, July 30, 2023

Video - Stained Glass Mandala


This mandala design is by Elena Babayants of My Flower Dream. Her video, which you can watch HERE, isn't a tutorial for drawing this mandala. It is actually her review of some water color pencils. She used this design to demonstrate how to use the pencils.

I had seen this "stained glass" technique online and had been wanting to try it out. Most of the examples that I had seen were by ZenLinea and you can see some of Anica's tiles HERE on Instagram. Elena's design is very pretty so I gave it a try. This was fun to draw but it took quite a bit longer to draw the "leading" than I thought it would. I don't have any water color pencils so I used regular colored pencils and odorless paint thinner to blend it. I will use this technique again sometime because I love how it turned out.

Just for fun, I used my graphics program to turn this into "real" stained glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment