Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Today's Tangle - Trellis


"Trellis" is by Alice Hendon CZT and you'll find her pattern HERE on her blog. I did one thing differently to make the pattern easier for me to draw. Instead of each motif filling one square of the grid, I divided each motif among four smaller squares. You can't tell that I did that because I drew my grid in pencil and erased it later. And, because I was working on such a dark colored tile, I decided to keep the background of the design completely open instead of filling any large areas with black ink. By alternating black petals with turquoise ones, there is enough contrast without making the tile look too somber. I think that the pop of white in the center of each black flower helps too.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot - simple but so effective and a way to use different colours without them arguing with one another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jem. I'm not sure if these colors would have worked so well without the black petals.

      Delete