Saturday, October 31, 2020

Today's Tangle - Venetian Fans


"Venetian Fans" is an adaptation of the pattern called "Venetian" by Elaine Benfatto. Her step-out is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections. My version is also drawn in a box grid but my fans span four grid squares to make them easier to draw and in a slightly different manner. The main difference between Elaine's version and mine is that there are no gaps between my motifs which creates fan shapes. Hers look more like little bow ties than fans. I was inspired by Natasha Gardner's experiments with this design which she posted in the Pattern-Collections Facebook group. She starts with a very complex grid of circles but I thought it would be much simpler to draw using a regular box grid. Below you can see how I accomplished this.

No comments:

Post a Comment