Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Today's Tangle - Zendala Joy Day 20


For today's tiles, I followed THIS Day 20 video from the Zendala Joy video series by Sandhya Manne. Click HERE to see her entire Zendala Joy playlist which will eventually consist of 31 videos for the month of October.

To be able to trace the string template onto my tiles, I had to use either white or off-white card stock. Most of my other card stock colors are too thick to be translucent when held up to the light. The problem with white card stock is that it tends to have a slick finish which isn't ideal for graphite shading.

After drawing the round tile above on white card stock cut to about the size of a Zendala tile, I wondered if I could shrink the design down small enough to fit on a standard 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" off-white tile. The off-white card stock that I have has a slightly rougher texture than the white so shading works much better. As you can see below, I was pretty much successful. The only part that I'm not entirely happy with is the border around the outer edge which had to be a little too thin to look as nice as it does at the larger size. All of the other elements were pretty easy to draw in the smaller size. I generally prefer to draw on small tiles so I might go ahead and use them when I try out some of the other Zendala Joy videos on Sandhya's channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment