Saturday, March 23, 2019

Today's Tangle - Well Well Who by Zentangle®


"Well Well Who" is a new tangle by Maria Thomas. I heard about it on Facebook a few weeks ago but hadn't seen any instructions for drawing it. On Thursday, Melinda Barlow CZT posted a YouTube video that shows how to draw it and later that afternoon I got the Zentangle newsletter in my email and there was the official step-out.

This is so much fun to draw and I'm very pleased with my first attempt. I kept it pretty basic but I did add some sparkles.

You can watch Melinda's video HERE and download the step-out HERE on the Zentangle site.



UPDATE 3/25/19: I found another video HERE on Zen Linea's Instagram page.

You may have noticed that "Well Well Who" is a lot like another tangle called "Stella". Although the basic concept is the same for both of them, the methods for drawing them are different and "Well Well Who" has several additional features not seen in "Stella". You can take a look at Jana Rogers CZT's "Stella" step-out HERE at TanglePatterns.com. Below is an example of "Stella" that I drew a while back.



2 comments:

  1. Your example is wonderful - so much movement! I'm looking forward to trying this, especially following on from you introducing me to Well, Well, Well the other week. I might have a session where I do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Jem. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

      Delete