Sunday, May 19, 2019

Today's Tangle - 8 in the Box


"8 in the Box" is a pattern by Ina Wünschmann and it is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections. I found a video HERE. I added some extra embellishments to my tile. The first one was the result of an oopsie when I was filling in one of the black segments on the edge between two 8s. I fixed it by making a rounded bump and then I rounded all of them to match. I also added stripes and some shading to the 8s to give the tile some dimension.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I like that! The shading and highlighting and detail lines all work so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jem. As I was typing this post, I got the idea to try filling the spaces between the "eights" with other tangles. Not sure which one(s) yet.

      Delete