Sunday, May 26, 2019

Today's Tangle - Tessell


"Tessell" is a pattern that I have drawn before but hadn't blogged about it. I was just getting started with tangling the first time I drew it and it was a little bit rough around the edges. Lately I've been revisiting some of the patterns that I tried back in the early days and I can tell that my lines are much smoother now and I feel like I have much more control over my pen. I also have a better understanding of how to draw different kinds of patterns that often seemed confusing to me back then. 

I actually drew today's tile on the back of the original so I can just flip it over to compare them. I have to say that my first drawing really wasn't too bad in spite of having a slightly shaky hand back then. I do have a much better sense of space now so the designs are a lot more consistent on today's tile than on the original. In case you're wondering about the random spots of color on my tile. I used "Stardust" card stock which has multi-colored speckles all over it.

"Tessell" is by Judy Okawa and her step-out is posted HERE at TanglePatterns.com. Melinda Barlow CZT has a YouTube video HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment