Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Today's Tangles - Zenbuttons


If you're looking for a fun drawing project, how about giving Zenbuttons a try? They are the creation of Marguerite Samama CZT who has generously made her free tutorial available to everyone. It is posted HERE at TanglePatterns.com. While they've been around for a while, I only just had a chance to try them recently. I drew two of them the first night and another one the next day because they were so enjoyable to draw. The shading is what really makes Zenbuttons special.

Melinda Barlow CZT has a video HERE that shows how to draw Zenbuttons. However, she doesn't do the characteristic shading that you see on most examples. If you search Pinterest and Instagram, you'll find loads of wonderful examples.

The Zenbutton above was my first one and was drawn pretty much as shown in the tutorial. Below you can see my second and third drawings. I haven't listed the individual tangles and fragments that I used because there are so many. Most of them are fragments from the Zentangle® Primer. If you need some fragment ideas, the official Zentangle fragments are also posted HERE on the Musterquelle site.



2 comments:

  1. Totally fab. And nice to have all this info gathered in one place! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad that you find my blog to be useful.

      Delete