Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Classic Zentangle® - Crazy 'Nzeppel, Molygon, Opus, Pokeroot & Printemps


I drew this classic Zentangle for something different this time. For my birthday back in April, I treated myself to a year's subscription to the Zentangle Mosaic app. I don't have a cell phone so I installed Mosaic on my Android tablet only to find out later that the app isn't compatible with Android tablets. It mostly works pretty well but it does crash a lot. In any case, I will have fun with it for a year and just put up with the quirks.

The Zentangle folks started a tangling game on Mosaic called TangleTag. There are several games of TangleTag going on simultaneously and anyone can start a new game. A new game starts when someone draws a tile with a single tangle on it. Then, they give their TangleTag game a hashtag and they tag someone. The tagged person must draw a tile using the previous tangle plus one of their choosing. They post their tile, along with all of the appropriate info and hashtags, and tag someone else and so on. I was the fifth person to be tagged in the TangleTag group called #TangleTagBeBold and I added Crazy 'Nzeppel to the previous four tangles that had been used.

One fun thing about our TangleTag group is that the first several people in the group were all from different countries; United States, China, South Africa, Australia and Germany. The woman that I tagged lives in the UK and she tagged a woman in Taiwan.

These are the tangles that I used on my tile:

Crazy 'Nzeppel

Molygon - The step-out for "Molygon" is found HERE in the Zentangle newsletter. I found a few videos about this tangle HERE, HERE and HERE. It was also featured in THIS 12 Days of Zentangle video.

Opus

Pokeroot

Printemps

No comments:

Post a Comment