Monday, November 5, 2018

Official Zentangle® Patterns - Hollibaugh, Isochor, Noom Repus,'Nzeppel, Pokeleaf & Pokeroot


Sandy Steen Bartholomew has a step-out HERE for this tangle called "Hollibaugh". I also found some suggestions for drawing variations of "Hollibaugh" HERE at tandika.com. I found seven YouTube videos about this pattern HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


"Isochor" is one of those elusive tangles that has no published step-out. However, I found examples of it on three different blogs where the authors were following the book "One Zentangle A Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun" by Beckah Krahula. Apparently Day 5 in the book covers "Isochor". I was able to get a rough idea of how this tangle should look by comparing their example tiles. You can see them HERE, HERE and HERE. I also saw several other examples on Pinterest that had no links to their source and they also gave me ideas of how this tangle looks. I could only find this one video by Ellen Wolters HERE.


Thankfully there is an official step-out for this tangle called "Noom Repus" because I love the shape of it. It's a little tricky to draw but I got the flow of it after a few tries. You'll find the step-out HERE in a Zentangle newsletter. In that article they explain how they came up with the funny name for it. I found two videos HERE and HERE. This tangle was also featured on Day 8 of the 2017 Twelve Days of Zentangle video series (Zentangle® Project Pack #02 - Day Eight). You can watch that video HERE.


"'Nzeppel" has an official step-out HERE and there is also another article about how to draw the "crazy" version of it HERE. Molly Hollibaugh shows how to draw the crazy version in two videos, HERE and HERE. I also found eight more videos for the regular version HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


Sandy Steen Bartholomew has a step-out for "Pokeroot" HERE on her blog. The pattern also features a variation called "Pokeleaf" which you can see below. There are probably thousands of examples of this tangle on Pinterest. Molly Hollibaugh shows how to draw it in THIS video. I also found six other videos HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. "Pokeroot" and "Pokeleaf" were both featured on the second day of "The Twelve Days of Zentangle 2017" in THIS video.


"Pokeleaf" is featured as a variation of "Pokeroot" HERE in this Zentangle newsletter. It is also featured in this Zentangle Project Pack #01 video HERE. I also found five other videos HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

2 comments: