Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Today's Tangle - Amazing Spider


"Amazing Spider" is by Hennie Brouwer and she posted her pattern HERE on Facebook.  The step-out is also available HERE at Pattern-Collections. Ellen Wolters has a video tutorial HERE.

While this pattern is pretty complicated, it's really not that hard to draw once you know how to draw a "spider". I found it easier to draw if I turned my tile around after drawing the first diagonal row of spiders. That way I can draw the spiders exactly the same way as in the first row rather than having to draw them upside down and risk getting confused.

I hadn't watched Ellen's video before drawing my tile and I see that she does some of the same things that I do. We both start with a box grid instead of a dot grid. We both also draw all of the dots and circles before drawing the "legs" of the spiders. Once our dots and circles are in place, Ellen and I do the rest differently but I like her method and will give it a try sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment