Saturday, May 2, 2020

Today's Tangle - Taiga


"Taiga" is by Tomàs Padrós and his pattern is posted HERE at TanglePatterns. My tile features the grid version except that I drew mine in a box grid instead of a dot grid as shown on the step-out. I thoroughly enjoyed drawing this and found it very satisfying. I thought it would be difficult to draw but it really wasn't.

The Tireless Tangler has a YouTube video about this tangle HERE and Tangle Dream has one HERE.

I drew "Taiga" on two more tiles to see how it would look on a white tile. I drew it a bit larger on the tile below but I think I prefer it smaller.


Below is a white tile with "Taiga" drawn the same size as the one at the top of this post. My favorite it still the one on the tan tile because I think that the shading looks nicer. The white water color paper that I used for the other two is kind of bumpy and the texture is noticeable in the shading on the two white tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment