Sunday, August 2, 2020

Something a little different...

I haven't had time to do any drawing in a few days but I wanted to post something so that I can test out the new Blogger editor. I thought I would show you some things that I drew many years ago. You see, I've been interested in drawing and art for most of my life but only for my own enjoyment and never professionally. I took art classes in school but never really studied ART. When I got interested in tangling and Zentangle about three years ago, I hadn't done any drawing to speak of since I was in college way back in the late 1970's. That was almost 40 years ago!

My first memory of drawing anything was when I was somewhere between eight and twelve years old in the 1960's. Back then they often posted ads in magazines such as the ones below.



I surprised my parents one day by drawing one of those test pictures. I don't remember which one I drew first but I still have three of them. Below are my drawings:




When I was a bit older, I got interested in drawing fashion designs. I loved coming up with my own designs and colored them with colored pencils and markers. I never actually made the clothes. I only drew pictures of them and compiled them into "catalogs". Below are a few examples of my later designs which I chose so that you can see that my love of drawing patterns began a very long time ago.






In high school, I liked to doodle in class and I still have the doodles below:





I also did some drawing while I was in college. Below you can see a drawing of my own legs and feet and also one of a good friend in her dorm room.



Below are three more drawings that I did in college which I entered in an art exhibit. I remember that I won $100!




Hopefully I will have some time for tangling again soon but I do have a big project that I need to tackle. THIS blog post, where I keep a running list of every tangle that I have blogged about, will have to be moved to another website. I am no longer unable to open that post for editing in the new Blogger editor. Instead of adding to that post on my blog, I will have to manually write an HTML page and upload it to my own web space. First I need to come up with a format that will be easy to update every time I need to add more tangles and blog post links to the list. Once I have the web page created, I will replace the link on the right side of my blog so that it will take you to the new page.

4 comments:

  1. Oh those bell-bottoms! I had a purple top and mustard bottoms that I loved!🥴 great drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Winky! I love the fashion drawings - they take me right back to that era, except that I was sewing them (and many of my school clothes) rather than drawing them. Thanks for a blast from the past.

    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a lot of sewing in the 70's and 80's but I used commercial patterns rather than designing my own. I did make my wedding gown by combining a couple of patterns though.

      Delete