Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday's Tangle - Trumpits


"Trumpits" is by Theresa Glover and her pattern is found HERE at TanglePatterns.com. I thought my tile seemed a little plain with only the Trumpits so I embellished it like crazy. 

It's hard to see it well in my picture but I used a metallic bronze gel pen to draw the squiggles around the border. That gel pen has a very fine tip. The interesting thing is that I really couldn't see what I was drawing while making the squiggles. It was night time and kind of dark in the room. Also, the angle of my paper was such that there was glare on it from my lamp. I could see the black border, so I was able to stay within the lines, but I couldn't see the actual marks that I was making until after I'd finished each section. I started at one side of a section and just squiggled my way across to the other side so there's not really much overlap of the lines. I only had to touch up a few sort of empty spots. It looks much nicer in person because the metallic ink sparkles and my husband said that it looks elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment