Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday's Tangle - Selfeat Rotated Variation


I had drawn "Selfeat" by Tomás Padrós before, but his "Selfeat Rotated Variation" looked even more challenging. I just took it slowly and was careful to follow the step-out for each step. You'll find this variation on the 6th page of his tutorial HERE on Instagram.

I drew the tile above first and embellished it pretty much like the pattern. I decided that it looked very busy with the decorations distracting the eye from seeing the shape of the design. So, just for fun, I drew the tile below and left it plain. I challenged myself to draw my auras as close together as I possibly could. It does look rather plain but it was good practice drawing curvy lines.

2 comments:

  1. I love the two drawings. Its simply elegant version is very elegant and shows Selfeat in a splendid and clear way. I really like your line

    ReplyDelete