Saturday, August 3, 2019

Today's Tangle - Paradox Twisted


"Paradox Twisted" is by Hennie Brouwer and she posted her step-out in the private Pattern-Collections Facebook group. You start by drawing a hexagon then you apply the "Paradox" technique around the inside perimeter. This creates a really cool design but I find drawing hexagons to be a very stressful process so I only drew one large one on the tile above. To add some interest to the background I drew radiating lines all around the design.

UPDATE: The step-out is now posted at Pattern-Collections.com HERE. The name has also been changed to "Paradox Twisted".

Hennie's example drawing features nineteen hexagons arranged like a honeycomb. With so many hooked together like that, the twisted effect is amazing. I really wanted to try drawing something like that so I came up with a way to draw perfect hexagons without using a protractor and ruler. Paint Shop Pro, which is the graphics editing program that I use, has a tool for creating vector shapes. I used it to create a hexagon image then I printed out a bunch of them in different sizes on a sheet of card stock. I cut them out and I will use them as templates to be traced around. This works great as you can see on the tile below.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for using Twisted Paradox, Paradox is one of the most funny patterns to play with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Hennie. I'm glad that I was able to come up with a way to draw the hexagons neatly because I really wanted to try your idea. Please let me know if your step-out is posted in any public groups or websites and I will add a link to it here in my post.

      Delete