Thursday, January 9, 2020

Moroccan Wishing Star Video Lesson


I drew this tile by following THIS Tangledyogi 333 video class on YouTube by Romi Marks. I don't enjoy drawing on large tiles (Romi uses a 6-inch star template) so I drew mine on a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch tile. I started by downloading and printing the 2" and 3" star template that's found on THIS site. I glued one of the 3-inch stars to heavy card stock and cut it out. I traced the outer edge of the star on my tile in pencil. I thought it was a little too small so I added as much of a pencil aura as I could fit on the tile then went over the outer pencil line with my black pen before proceeding with the tutorial. Because I drew mine so small, I skipped the cutting and folding steps.

I drew this star while following along with the video so it's a sort of rough draft on not-so-great card stock. I will show you another star tomorrow that I drew more carefully. Below you can see today's star which has been cut out digitally, placed on a floral background image and a digital drop shadow added.

No comments:

Post a Comment