Monday, February 3, 2020

Today's Tangle - My First Mandala


This is my very first mandala and I'm very pleased with it. I didn't follow any particular pattern or use any particular tangles. I just started in the middle and worked my way to the outside by drawing whatever designs came to mind as I went along. After adding some shading, I added touches of blue colored pencil and some metallic gold gel pen.

To make a circular pencil grid, I started by drawing pencil lines from corner to corner of my 3.5 x 3.5 inch tile to mark the center. I printed and cut out cardstock circle templates in several sizes and traced some of them on my tile to create rings of various widths. I also divided the grid into twelve equal wedges. I didn't use any precision drawing tools but my goal wasn't perfection. I just wanted to make a pretty design and have fun creating it.

2 comments: