Friday, February 28, 2020

Today's Tangle - Eva Wu's Video #1193


When I saw Eva's example tile that she posted on Facebook and on the Zentangle app, I thought it was so pretty that I simply had to give it a try. There is no step-out, just her wonderful video which you can watch HERE.

I don't know what size tile Eva drew hers on but I prefer to draw on 3.5 x 3.5 inch tiles. This turned out to be a little too small when drawing this design with a white gel pen on a black tile. The lines came out too thick and there wasn't enough space for everything. Rather than give up on the project, I decided to draw it with a black pen on a beige tile. I think it came out just as pretty and I was able to squeeze in all of the special little details. I colored the rosettes and leaves with metallic colored pencils. I added a little color to the ribbons with colored pencil and white charcoal pencil. I colored the orbs with a metallic gold Gelly Roll pen. What you can't see is that I also went over the flowers and leaves with a clear glitter pen for some fun sparkle.

I drew mine pretty close to the same as Eva's video but I simplified my rosettes a little because I drew them so small. I start with a little spiral "snail" then I add just three petals around the perimeter of the spiral.

6 comments: