Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Today's Tangle - Trinity


"Trinity" is a challenging pattern by Stephanie Kiefhaber CZT. Her step-out is posted HERE at TanglePatterns. Tangle Dream has a video HERE where she makes "Trinity" look deceptively easy to draw.

My attempts to draw "Trinity" by following the step-out and the video weren't successful. However, the other day I was browsing the ValenTangle 2020 Facebook group where this pattern is the prompt for Day 2 and something made me see the design differently. Instead of starting by drawing the "holes", I wondered what would happen if I started by drawing the outline of the entire shape first. Today's tile is the result. I found it much easier to gauge the size and placement of the holes and the width of the loops this way. The shape of mine came out a bit wonky but I should be able to fix that issue with more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment