Sunday, April 14, 2019

Today's Tangle - Eight Liner


Today is my birthday so I thought I'd post something fun and colorful. I embellished my tile with metallic gold dots.

This pattern is called "Eight Liner" and is by Smita Toke. You'll find the step-out HERE at Pattern-Collections.com and Mimi's Daily Tangle Tube has a video HERE.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 5 - DAY 2

You can watch the Day 2 video HERE. In this episode, Rick draws a pretty circular border around an old coin. For my three tiles I printed out some round vintage toiletry labels and glued them on. I drew the first one below as Rick drew his. I embellished the other two a little.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    I wasn't too sure about the latest project pack - it's not really a thing that interests me - but I really like how you are interpreting it, the kind of things you are framing. I might need to think about it in a more creative way too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jem. I know what you mean. I don't really have an interest in framing artifacts so I'm just going to come up with something else to frame for each day's project. I have a vast collection of cool graphics that I use for making greeting cards. My favorites are the vintage ones, especially old advertising. I actually do have a little box that I'd love to tangle on so I'm hoping that one of the projects will be suitable. It's made of papier-mâché and I paid all of 39-cents for it after spotting it in the clearance bin at the craft store. If I screw it up, it's no big deal. And, if I can draw the tangles on card stock and glue them onto the box, I can always change it later.

      Delete