Monday, April 8, 2019

Today's Tangles - Hearts Aligned & Heartring


I am blogging about two heart patterns today that I drew in an attempt to get over my fear of drawing heart shapes. It is my opinion that hearts must either be drawn very neatly and precisely or they should be drawn in such a way that they look cute and adorable. I can't seem to draw them either way and mine tend to look messy. Having said that, I do think that both of these patterns have interesting features that make them worth taking the time to draw and for me to show them to you.

"Hearts Aligned" is by Smita Toke and her pattern is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. Tiny hearts are placed along a string line and larger hearts grow out of them. I don't have much trouble drawing tiny hearts neatly. It's the large ones that give me grief. I'm pretty happy with how this tile turned out though. If you know Smita, you'll know how much she loves bright colors. I colored this tile in her honor and I enjoyed it very much.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.


"Heartring" by Karin Frank is also found at Pattern-Collections.com HERE. Although hearts like these are difficult for me to draw nicely, it's Karin's unique method for connecting the hearts with rings between them that is worth mentioning. She makes it very easy to do something that looks complicated. Give her pattern a try and you'll see what I mean.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment