Saturday, April 13, 2019

Today's Tangle - Flower in the Box


This pattern is called "Flower in the Box" and it's by Ina Wünschmann. Her pattern is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. I followed the step-out as written but I added some accent dots to spice it up a bit. I found a video about this pattern HERE.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 5 - DAY 1

There is a new Zentangle project pack video series which started yesterday. You can watch the introduction video HERE and the Day 1 video HERE. The introduction video shows all of the supplies that come in the pack. I am using what I have on hand but you can buy Project Pack 5 HERE if you like.


In the Day 1 video, Maria shows us how to draw this pretty frame. Rather than frame a photo, I chose a couple of vintage images from my huge stash of pictures for making greeting cards. I printed them out on card stock. I don't have a deckle edge cutter like in the project pack but I do have a deckle blade for my Fiskars rotary cutter and it worked very nicely as you can see.

I drew the example above first and drew my boarder like Maria drew hers using the same pen colors, etc. For the one below, I used a Staedtler Fineliner pen in a color that complimented the picture I was framing a little better. I also changed the design that went into the space above and below the picture due to lack of space. Click on my pictures to see them at full size.


No comments:

Post a Comment