Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Wednesday Tangles - Ladyzabelle & Way Knot


Lila Holter's "Ladyzabelle" pattern is found HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. I think that those little dots and lines on the ends of the petals add such a cute touch to the design.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.


"Way Knot" is by Helen Williams and her step-out is posted HERE on her A Little Lime blog. She also has a video tutorial for the pattern HERE.

This one was a bit of a challenge for me but I stuck with it and did a few of the steps using my own methods. I found it easier to draw the inner lines of the petals on the outside instead of on the inside, if that makes any sense. I also drew my inner loops in reverse order. When I used the method that the pattern suggests, I kept running out of space for them because you just have to sort of guess at the size to draw them. I drew the inside arc first because I knew that they had to line up with and touch the points between the petals. Once they were in place, it was easy enough to just aura them.

Looking again at the step-out, I'm thinking that another way that might work would be to draw that square-ish shape in the center first then draw the rest of the lines from the corners of the "square" to the outer petals.

I find it frustrating trying to follow patterns that make you guess how big to make things without any sort of guides to line things up with because I usually end up running out of space. I always look at patterns closely before I try them out to see if there might be an easier way to draw them. With this particular pattern, I can also see one more trick that might make it easier. That would be to draw a big "X" in pencil from the inside points of the petals and crossing at the center dot. The "X" would mark where the loops should go and that would make it easy to see how much space you have for drawing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment