Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Today's Tangle - Squalink


This pattern is called "Squalink". It's by Lindy Clarkson and her pattern is found HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. Although I like the tile above very much, I thought that the shading was a little too dark so I drew the tile below and did the shading much lighter. Now I'm not sure which one I prefer and maybe the shading should be somewhere in between the two.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

Although the pattern doesn't show this, I used a grid to draw mine. I used a grid that had twice as many squares as the number of square elements in the final design. That allowed me to see more easily where to draw the overlapping squares. Each of the elements used four squares on the grid and each element shares one grid square with the previous element and one with the next element.

2 comments:

  1. Fun tangle - I like things with cut outs. I'll definitely note this in my sketchbook to use at some point. I prefer the heavier shading, but that's always my preference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning while browsing the ValenTangle group, I got the idea to use this pattern but with hearts for the cut-outs. Hopefully I'll have a chance later to try my idea. I'm hopelessly behind on the prompts.

      Delete