Monday, February 18, 2019

Today's Tangles - Crazy Huggins & Yindie



I blogged about "Crazy Huggins" before HERE. You'll find a link to the official step-out in that post as well as links to a couple of videos. In today's example, I filled the sections with "Bayken", "Patena" and "Shattuck". "Shattuck" and "Patena" are both official Zentangle patterns. Read about "Shattuck" in THIS post and "Patina" in THIS post. I blogged about "Bayken" HERE.



This interesting design is popular at the moment in some of the Facebook groups that I belong to. This example is pretty rough but I gave it a try recently just to see if I could do it. First I watched THIS video where Ellen Wolters shows how to draw "Yindie" and she does a very nice job of it. Amazingly, she draws the entire thing freehand without any drawing aids. I had a heck of a time trying to draw the initial large circle neatly enough freehand so I did use my Helix Circle Maker to draw it. I drew everything else after that freehand. Since this was just an experiment, I didn't fill mine with any designs or embellishments but I did add some color to make it easier to see how it is woven and some shading to give it dimension.

You'll find Hennie Brouwer's step-out for "Yindie" HERE at Pattern-Collections.com.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment