Friday, February 15, 2019

Today's Tangle - Clamz


According to THIS page at TanglePatterns.com, "Clamz" is easy to draw. However, this is the first time I've blogged about this tangle because I've never been happy with my results until now. The pattern is by Sharon Wrench CZT. If you follow her step-out, you may have the same problem that I had with it. It's too hard to judge the amount of space needed between the shell halves when drawing it as the step-out suggests. I ended up using a method similar to the way that Melinda Barlow draws it in THIS video. 

I was particularly attracted to the way that Emiko Kaneko draws "Clamz" on THIS tile that she posted on Instagram. I love how she added weight and dimension to the shells and orbs. I did something similar with my example and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out this time. 

I guess that the moral of the story is to keep trying the tangles that give you trouble and maybe you'll find a way to draw them that is easier for you and one that gives you the results that you want.

SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS BLOG:

I subscribe to this blog as well as my beading blog so that I can make sure that the emails are sent as they should be. I realized last night that I never got the emails for yesterday's posts from either of my blogs. Did anyone else not get an email about Thursday's post? I haven't changed anything in my blog settings and everything looks as it should be. Maybe they're just running late because of Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment