Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Today's Tangle - Bermuda


"Bermuda" is by Ina Sonnenmoser and her pattern is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections. Dawn Collins has a video HERE

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

I drew mine using a different method than on the step-out. I found it too difficult to gauge how long to draw the dashes and how much space to leave between them so that the triangles would come out the shape and size that I wanted and so that there would be enough space between them to draw the adjacent row of triangles. I started with a pencil string consisting of four lines. I drew the two center lines very close together and the two outer lines spaced just far enough away on either side to give me triangles the size that I wanted. I drew the first row of triangles between one of the inner guide lines and the nearest outer guide line. I made sure to leave enough space between the triangles so that tips of the triangles that would go in the opposite direction between them would have enough room. I repeated the same thing with the set of guides on the opposite side.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your gorgeous choice of colour for filing in your tiny triangles, it must have taken you ages to complete this delightfully tangled tile. I especially like the coloured cream cardstock you have choosen to work on. Your tiny triangles look gorgeous in the clever way you have drawn them in varying sizes too give such a sense of depth a dmovement. TFS your pretty project 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comments. The cream card stock has colored bits embedded in the paper and I used metallic colored pencils to fill the triangles. I don't know if they still make that card stock but it's called "Stardust" by Wausau. I have some in the cream and in white. I originally bought it for making greeting cards.

      Delete