Thursday, April 23, 2020

Zentangle Project Pack 9 - Day 1 (starting over)


ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 9 - DAY 1

After drawing three tiles as directed by the project pack videos, I realized that I wasn't enjoying the process. I'm not keen on drawing on such large tiles and the round tiles are a bit of a pain to scan and edit. Rather than give up the project completely, I went in another direction keeping some of the main features of the originals. Instead of a green color scheme, I switched to a blue one and I'm drawing on 3.5 x 3.5" square tiles this time. I'm using a blue Micron 05 pen and a blue colored pencil for the coloring and shading. I do realize that my tiles won't work the same way as the round ones in forming a mosaic at the end of the project but that doesn't bother me.

Watch the Day 1 video HERE.

These are the tangles that I used:

Flux - I blogged about "Flux" HERE.

Pokeleaf - I blogged about "Pokeleaf" HERE.

Printemps - I blogged about "Printemps" HERE. It's a little hard to see but I very lightly filled the spaces between the ribbons of "Umble" with "Printemps" in colored pencil.

Umble - I blogged about "Umble" HERE.

Below is a Day 4 tile that I drew before changing to blue.


ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 9 - DAY 4


Watch the Day 4 video HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely tiles and good idea to tangle on a a regular tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm curious to see what they're going to do with the round tiles in tomorrow's video.

      Delete
  2. Wow this is absolutely beautiful TFS 😊

    ReplyDelete