Sunday, April 19, 2020

Zentangle Project Pack 9 - Spring Has Sprung


ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 9 - PREPARATION DAY

A new Zentangle project pack series began on Friday and you can buy Project Pack 9 HERE. If you don't have the project pack you can use your own materials and download the free Markus Operandus tool HERE. There are two preparation videos that you should watch HERE and HERE.

I don't have the project pack so I cut my own Zendala tiles from card stock called Classic Crest Cover by Neenah and the color is called "Saw Grass". I'm also using Staedtler Triplus pens and the colors are "Green Earth #55" and "Olive Green #57".

On Preparation Day, we got six Zendala tiles ready by drawing a string using the Markus Operandus tool. Next, we drew a Purk-like pod in the small section of each tile and then drew the tangle of our choice along the other string line. I chose to draw "Pokeleaf" on all six of my tiles and you can see an example of one of my tiles at the top of this post. The other tangle choices are "Pokeroot", "Rixty", "Rick's Flux", "Maria's Flux", "Sampson", "Springkle" and "Verdigogh". Maria shows how to draw each tangle in the video.


ZENTANGLE PROJECT PACK 9 - DAY 1

You can watch the Day 1 video HERE. On this day, Molly shows us how to fill the large section of one of our tiles with a variation of the tangle called "Umble". Instead of filling my ribbons with solid green, I chose to fill mine with fine olive green lines. Unfortunately, neither of the greens that I used show up well in my scans and they almost look black.

No comments:

Post a Comment