Friday, October 18, 2019

Today's Tangle - Icthus


"Icthus" is by Neil Burley and you'll find his step-out HERE on his blog. 

I blogged about this pattern once before HERE and I remember having a little trouble getting the "fish tails" to line up nicely the first time. So, this time I did something a bit different. It's hard to see the grid in Neil's step-out but you definitely should draw this in a grid with each fish filling one square diagonally. Instead of drawing each fish in a single stroke, I started by drawing a pencil dot in each square where the tail and body should intersect. Then, I drew squares by connecting each set of four adjacent dots. Next I added the seed shapes for the fish bodies. I got neater results drawing them this way.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great looking pattern. But I'm a bit resistant to using a pencil grid! But I think I can potentially see a way to draw it consistently without... I'll have a play and let you know!

    Lovely colour choices you've used here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jem. Sorry for not posting your comment and my reply sooner. Shortly after I uploaded this post on Friday, my computer crashed and it's now in for repair (or replacement?). I'm using my husband's computer in the meantime but I'm very limited in what I can do until I get my computer back.

      Delete
    2. Oh Linda, how frustrating about your computer. I hope you can get it fixed or replaced quickly. I'll miss your posts in the meantime!

      Delete