Thursday, December 5, 2019

Today's Tangle - Supreme Lotus


"Supreme Lotus" is by Lisa Jane and her step-out is HERE at Pattern-Collections. I don't have a lot of experience drawing mandala patterns but I think they're quite pretty and fun to draw once the initial grid has been created. However, I find it very tedious to draw round grids so I don't draw mandalas as often as I would like. I even have a special tool for drawing circles and angles but I find it cumbersome to use, especially on small tiles. 

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

For this tile, I traced a large circle that I had cut out of card stock then divided it evenly into wedges with a ruler. I just eyeballed the inner circles rather than use any tools to draw them. Once I got going on today's tile, I went a little crazy adding embellishments just for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment