Monday, December 9, 2019

Classic Zentangle® - 'Nzeppel & Striping


I drew this tile for a prompt in the Today's Tangles: Keeping it Classic Facebook group. I have only used "Striping" once or twice before because I have a hard time figuring out how to use it effectively. I have to say that I'm very pleased with the fun look of the "Striping" on today's tile.

These are the tangles that I used:

'Nzeppel - I blogged about "'Nzeppel" HERE.

Striping - I blogged about "Striping" HERE.



12 DAYS OF ZENTANGLE - PROJECT PACK #7 - DAY 2

Click HERE to watch the video for Day 2. I used card stock in a lighter shade of gray for the Day 2 tile. For some reason it looks like it's cream color but it really is gray in real life. This time I used black ink to draw the tangle instead of blue-black because my blue-black Micron has an 05 nib which is a little too thick for drawing fine lines.

The tangle used for this project is called "All Stars" and is by Tomás Padrós. You'll find his step-out HERE on Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the results of your 12 Days tiles. I'm joining in too and hope to share some later this week.

    Striping is a strange tangle - it looks great on your tile. One really great, if a little challenging, way to use it is twisted - as shown by Margaret Bremner - a lot of fun!

    https://enthusiasticartist.blogspot.com/2016/12/striping-with-twist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Margaret's twisted striping. I tried to draw it a while back and couldn't get mine to have the same look as hers.

      Delete
    2. It's not easy - but with a bit of practice I got close. It's all about getting the right number of lines I think. One to play with in pencil on scrap paper first for me!

      Delete