Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Official Zentangle® Patterns - Eke, Eye-Wa, Finery & Kathy's Dilemma

Today, and for the next four days, I will be featuring about twenty more official Zentangle tangle patterns that I haven't blogged about yet. Here is the first installment...


This one is called "Eke" and it was kind of fun to draw. You'll find a step-out HERE on Sandy Steen Bartholomew's blog. It's really a simple design to draw but I found three YouTube videos HERE, HERE and HERE.


"Eye-Wa" is the name of this tangle and the step-out is found HERE in a Zentangle newsletter. This tangle is featured in two videos by PhoenixJess HERE and HERE.


UPDATE: In case you're wondering what we are talking about in the comments regarding Silky beads. Here is a photo of some and you can see that they look just like "Eye-Wa".
 
Silky Beads


For some reason "Kathy's Dilemma" is included on Linda Farmer's list of official Zentangle patterns even though the creator is Kathy in Atlanta. Linda has no information posted on her site about this pattern but I found a step-out for it HERE on Pinterest. I can't say for sure that this is how it's supposed to look or if it is more like THIS example on Pinterest.

I also found THIS blog post where the author, DrEMiller CZT, is following a book called "One Zentangle a Day". Apparently Day 23 is "Kathy's Dilemma" and the example that is posted looks a lot like the way that I drew mine. I suspect that the step-out on Pinterest is a scan from that book.

Ellen Wolter's has a video about this pattern HERE.


The step-out for "Finery" is posted HERE on Sandy Steen Bartholomew's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or does Eye-Wa look like two colors of alternating silky beads? Maybe I need to take a break from beading....

    Cheers!
    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! You're absolutely right. They look exactly like Silky beads! I can't believe that I didn't notice that.

      Delete
    2. Barbara, I've added a photo of some Silky beads in my post above. The table cut kind look the most like Eye-Wa because of the two colors on each bead.

      Delete
    3. Just the one I was thinking of too! :-)

      Barbara

      Delete