Friday, September 28, 2018

Official Zentangle® Patterns - Keeko, Quabog, Quipple & Raddox


I found examples of "Quipple" on Pinterest by doing a search but no step-out. Naomi - 75 Art Street has a video HERE and Alexandria Diaz has one HERE.


"Quabog" is another mysterious tangle. It's used on the tile posted HERE on the tandika.com CZT blog. If you do a search on Pinterest for "quabog zentangle pattern", you'll see several examples of tiles featuring this pattern. I found an un-official step-out HERE on Pinterest that inspired my example.


The step-out for "Keeko" is posted HERE on Sandy Steen Bartholomew's blog. I found videos about this tangle HERE and HERE.


Lastly, I had to search Pinterest for clues about "Raddox". Every example that I found looked pretty much like the way that I drew mine. I found one video that features this pattern HERE.


8 comments:

  1. This page has a list of all the Official tangles and links to step-outs or videos.

    I like seeing your examples. Your Quipple and Quabog are wonderfully shaded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jem. I don't see a link in your comments. I have seen Linda Farmer's list of official tangles but she doesn't provide links or example images for quite a few of them. Do you know of a more complete list?

      Delete
    2. Ooops - it would be helpful if I actually remembered to paste the link wouldn't it! It's the end of the week! This is the one that has more detail of the rarer tangles!

      https://tanglelist.com/list-of-official-zentangle-patterns-step-outs-youtube-tutorials/

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I have been there but haven't explored it thoroughly yet. In fact, you posted the same link in a comment a while back so thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
    4. I just went through the entire list on that site. Although I did find a few things that I didn't already have, I actually have quite a few more step-outs and videos than they have, even some where they say that no step-out or video exists. They also missed a few official tangles and I found some video links that go to the wrong patterns.

      Delete
    5. Glad I'm at least consistent with the links I suggest!

      You're certainly being thorough. Your website will be a great resource for those tricky to find tangles!

      Delete
    6. Goodness knows why they are so secretive with some of them. The ones that are popular are usually easy enough to figure out without a step-out. It seems kind of odd that you rarely see some of the other unpublished ones being used but maybe nobody likes them all that much. I have to admit that there are some "official" tangles that don't appeal to me at all and some of them aren't fun to draw. I do like quite a few of them very much though. My goal is to try every one of them at least once just for the fun of it.

      Delete
    7. I think you're right. Some of the early tangles are way weaker than newer ones. They aren't that appealing visually or to draw. I guess it's like an author or musicians early works that they don't choose to include on their greatest hits!

      Some of them are fun though. Especially if you develop them and add your own spin. I like Raddox, especially with really dark shading. It reminds me of Romancy - which is another one that leads you on mysterious paths to discover its origins!

      Delete