Saturday, December 15, 2018

Official Zentangle® Patterns - Cadent, Crazy Huggins & Ravel


The official step-out for "Crazy Huggins" is posted HERE on the Zentangle blog. Melinda Barlow CZT has two videos about this tangle HERE and HERE.


There is also an official step-out for "Cadent" HERE in the Zentangle newsletter. Margaret Bremner has lots of ideas for variations of this tangle HERE on her blog. There are also some variations in THIS Zentangle newsletter.

I found a bunch of videos about "Cadent" HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


"Ravel" took me the longest to find of all of the official Zentangle patterns because there is no published step-out and it isn't widely used from what I can tell. Although I haven't found a step-out anywhere, I did find some examples of tiles that feature this tangle. Based on those examples, it looks a lot like a pattern called "Garlic Cloves" (step-out is HERE) except that instead of drawing the shapes randomly, with "Ravel" they form flower-like shapes with five or six petals. Also, each petal is shared with an adjacent flower. You can see two example tiles that feature this pattern HERE and HERE at tandika.com.


On Thursday, I mentioned in THIS post that I had come up with a way to draw the Zentangle pattern called "Scena" that was much easier for me. Yesterday I made a step-out that shows the way that I draw it. The tile above was for practice to make sure that my method would work to fill different shapes. Below is my step-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment