Monday, November 19, 2018

A Springkle Birthday Card


I showed you the tile below HERE when I blogged about the official Zentangle pattern called "Springkle". You'll find information about that tangle in that post. I thought it would make a fun picture for the front of a birthday card so I drew it again on the tile above. It's odd trying to recreate a tile. The spontaneity is missing, especially when trying to copy the same elements and make them look the same on the second tile. My husband told me that the second tile looks like I copied it from the first one, which of course is what I did. That's OK though. I'm happy with the way it turned out and it's not exactly the same as the first tile either.

Here is the original tile for comparison:


I glued the tile onto a sheet of dark charcoal gray card stock. Because the paper was so dark, I couldn't print the text with my printer. So, I added a handwritten greeting on the inside with a white Gelly Roll pen.


Since my previous post about this tangle I came across the official step-out for "Springkle. Below you can see the official version which is just a little different than what I showed in my other post. The main difference is the little spike coming out of the cap. The unofficial step-out posted HERE is pretty close to how it looks on the official step-out. I left off the spike on a few of mine because Maria didn't draw them on hers in the "Zentangle® Project Pack #02 -- Day One" video. I also added a little weight in the corners on some of them as shown in one of the variations on the step-out.

I have to say that "Springkle" was very roughly drawn on the official step-out and it seems to have evolved over time just like some of the other Zentangle patterns such as "Mooka".


No comments:

Post a Comment