Thursday, November 8, 2018

My first two Zentangles


I've been tangling for nearly a year and a half. My blog has over 200 posts yet in all that time I had never drawn an actual Zentangle tile using the Zentangle® method. Not that I haven't wanted to do so. It's just that I've spent most of my drawing time trying out tangle patterns and I usually only draw one pattern at a time on my tiles. As you've probably noticed, I use a lot of color on my tiles as well.

I was recently invited to join a new Facebook group called "Today’s Tangles: Keeping it Classic" and I decided that it was about time that I draw some classic Zentangle tiles. These are my first two. I followed the rules of the group by starting with four corner dots, a pencil border and a string. Two other requirements of the group are that you must draw with black ink only and shade with a graphite pencil. I filled my tiles with only official Zentangle patterns as per the group rules.

To chose which tangles to use on my tiles, I made a list of some of my favorites and numbered them. I asked my husband to pick numbers between one and sixteen and those were the tangles that I drew. That saved me from having to decide which patterns to draw.

These are the tangles that I drew on the tile above:

Centipede
Hurry
Kule
'Nzeppel
Paradox
Rain
Snail

I have blogged about "Centipede" HERE, "'Nzeppel" HERE and HERE, "Rain" HERE and "Snail" HERE.


Above is my second Zentangle and I used these tangles:

Bales
Ennies
Hibred
Pinch

I've blogged about "Bales" HERE, "Ennies" HERE, "Hibred" HERE and "Pinch" HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I've long wondered if you ever draw tiles via the traditional method. And now I know. Great tiles. I really like your Hurry hiding behind the others. I'm not sure I've ever used that tangle and I think I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jem. Hurry is one of my favorites to draw and I love how it looks. I seem to enjoy drawing tangles that have lots of straight lines very close together, don't I?

      Delete