Monday, July 27, 2020

Zentangle® Project Pack No. 10: Zentangle Legend - Day 7

Day 7's video features that are similar to each other or that evolved from other tangles. This video is presented by Martha and Molly. They draw Huggins, Well, Pokeroot, Pokeleaf, Diva Dance and Flux.

I did use Diva Dance on mine but none of the others shown in the video. I chose a selection of tangles that had more appeal for me and tried to chose pairs of tangles that have similarities.

I thought I would mention something that I've found to be very helpful throughout this project pack series. Before I started drawing in my Zentangle Legend booklet, I took the time to scan each blank page and saved them on my computer. Each day, I printed out a copy of that day's page and used it to play around and experiment with the tangles before tangling directly in the book.


1. 'Nzeppel (click HERE for the official step-out)
6. Patena

'Nzeppel and Patena both start with the same kind of grid.

2. Tripoli (click HERE for the official step-out)
7. Quandary (click HERE for the official step-out)

Tripoli and Quandary both have floral shapes with five petals.

3. Diva Dance (click HERE for the official step-out)
8. Wadical

Diva Dance and Wadical both are made up of wonky, wavy lines.

4. Warble
9. Chillon

Warble and Chillon both start out the same but are embellished differently.

5. Xircus
10. Courant

Although they don't look similar, Xircus and Courant both use fine lines to fill defined spaces.


11. Eke
16. Echoism

Eke and Echoism are both drawn with loopy lines.

12. Printemps
17. SeZ (click HERE for the official step-out)

Printemps and SeZ are both made with concentric circles

13. Bales
(click HERE for the official step-out)
18. Fife (click HERE for the official step-out)

Bales and Fife both start with a similar grid.

14. Juke - I haven't previously blogged about "Juke". The only clues that I have found online about this tangle are HERE on Margaret Bremner's blog and a step-out that I found HERE on Pinterest.
19. Strircles (click HERE for the official step-out)

Juke and Strircles don't look alike but they both contain very bold elements.

15. Ambler 

20. Emingle

Emingle is Ambler drawn in a grid.

You can watch the Zentangle Project Pack No. 10 - Day 7 video HERE. Be sure to read the info below the videos because there is a link to a PDF file which you can download and print out. Use this "Legend to my Legend" to jot down the names of the tangles as they are featured in the videos each day.

To receive notices of this and future project packs, subscribe to the Zentangle Newsletter HERE and you can buy Project Pack 10 HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment