Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Today's Tangles - A few more Ratoons


I played around with "Ratoon" some more and tried various things just for fun. Read yesterday's post HERE for more information about this tangle. If you look closely at the tile above, you'll see that these two "Ratoons" have eight petals instead of six.

I came up with a little trick that helped me draw the "Ratoon" that is going off the edge of the paper. I placed a blank sheet of paper under my tile then I traced the top left corner of my tile onto the paper so that I could use the lines to help me line up my tile with the paper underneath. Whenever I drew a part of the "Ratoon" that was not visible on the tile, I drew it on the paper instead. By doing this I didn't have to try and guess where everything should go.



I'm not wild about the tile above but thought I'd post it anyway just to show some ways that this tangle can be embellished. I used all metallic Gelly Roll pens to draw and color this one.



"Ratoon" is a great tangle for drawing on a black tile. As you can see, it really pops. The one above is just the basic "Ratoon" but with a few dots added here and there. I drew the tile below with metallic Gelly Roll pens. The main "Ratoon" was drawn with metallic copper and the aura and embellishments were drawn with a metallic Blue-Black pen.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your examples of Ratoon - a tangle I haven't played with yet.
    Your tip about putting a piece of paper behind is fabulous - I'd never thought of that – thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jem. It's one of those tangles that was too tantalizing not to try and figure out. I've got a few more Ratoons to blog about at the end of the week.

      Delete