Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Today's Tangle - Plaited Star


"Plaited Star" is by Diana Marshall and you'll find the pattern HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. This is the kind of pattern that I enjoy drawing simply for the challenge but not so much for using with other tangles. I made my grid according to the step-out but mine came out looking kind of squished vertically. I'm not sure what I would need to do differently to get the stars to come out evenly shaped like Diana's example image on the pattern. The only thing that I can figure is that there must need to be more space between the rows than is shown on the step-out. If anyone has an idea for how to accomplish this, please let me know.

Ellen Wolters has a video about this pattern HERE.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking to make sure the dots are the points of an equilateral triangle away from each other when drawing them initially. That will decompress the rows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right about that but I thought I had done that with my grid. I'll give it another try and make sure that I do that and see what happens. I had done a sample drawing before doing this one and that one was even more squashed vertically. When I did this tile, I thought I had worked out how to fix that but apparently not.

      Delete