Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Today's Tangle - Ratoon


Believe it or not, this bit of craziness is "Ratoon" by Zentangle. This is what "Ratoon" might look like if it joined the circus! By the time I had finished adding as many embellishments as I could think of, I decided that I might as well fill the background with something equally crazy. It was actually very relaxing drawing all of those lines with a pencil. I started by drawing lines going from the "Ratoon" out to each corner and then again from each side and the top and bottom. After that I started filling in with lines in between each of the eight original lines and again in between the new lines until eventually I had no space left for any more lines. I should probably mention that I had already done the shading on the "Ratoon" before I started to draw the lines. Also, there aren't really any gaps in the lines. It's just that my scanner didn't quite pick up some of the lighter ones.

For more information about this tangle, read THIS post.

2 comments: