Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Classic Zentangles - Paradox


The prompt for last week on the Today’s Tangles: Keeping it Classic Facebook group was to draw a square string divided into quarters and having a diamond shape in the center. We only had one tangle to use this time and that was the official Zentangle pattern, "Paradox". I submitted the tile above to the group first then later I drew the three tiles that you see below.

This is what the string looked like for the above tile:


My favorite version of "Paradox" is the fan-shaped design. I used it exclusively on the tile above and also on the tile below. The fans are in the same configuration on the tile below but I used a different drawing technique. I drew very lightly with my pen, just skimming the surface of the paper and allowing my hand to be slightly shaky. I also added "sparkles".


The tile below contains some fan-shaped and some of the twisted column version "Paradox" placed very randomly in the string.


I tweaked the string a little as you can see below.


The tile below was also drawn somewhat randomly with a differently tweaked string.


Below you can see the string that I used:


For information about "Paradox", read THIS post.

No comments:

Post a Comment