Friday, January 18, 2019

Today's Tangles - Bonnie, Msst & Beadlines


This tangle by Jennifer Jones CZT is called "Bonnie" and you'll find her step-out HERE at TanglePatterns.com. It was the Art Nouveau look of it that caught my eye and I love that there are lots of ways that this design can be embellished. I especially like how Melinda Barlow added orbs along the sides of them in her video that you can watch HERE.

Rather than draw my tile as a monotangle, I filled the background with "Msst" and some aura'd "Beadlines". I hadn't used "Msst" much before and I discovered while drawing this tile that it's easier to draw the squiggly lines horizontally rather than vertically.

"Msst" is an official Zentangle pattern and I blogged about it before HERE.

"Beadlines" is by Margaret Bremner CZT and there isn't actually a step-out for it, probably because it is simply lines with dots drawn along them. It is featured HERE on her blog and Linda Farmer writes about this tangle HERE at TanglePatterns.com. I found two videos about this pattern HERE and HERE.

I drew the tile below before I did the one at the top of this post. I wasn't happy with the way it looked after drawing all of those little dots so I came up with the idea of connecting them into short "Beadlines". I still think it looks kind of busy but it was good practice for drawing "Bonnie".



No comments:

Post a Comment