Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday's Tangle - Icantoo


"Icantoo" is by Hanny Nura CZT and her step-out is posted HERE on Instagram. Melinda Barlow CZT has a video HERE.

I find it challenging sometimes to come up with ways to fill a tile with a single tangle pattern. This was one of those times. I liked the look of the pattern in the examples that I'd seen online but mine just weren't coming out with the same easy-going organic style. I eventually decided to draw them along a vine and added an aura around everything. Even then, I still wasn't all that pleased with the results until I added a touch of color. 


I actually made a mistake but now I kind of like what I've done. I was supposed to draw the black bits in the crooks of the leaves before adding the aura. However, my hand was covering that step on the printed step-out and I didn't see it until it was too late. I wanted to add some contrast though so I went ahead and added them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment