Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thursday's Tangle - Maryhill


I first blogged about this pattern called "Maryhill" HERE. It's by Betsy Wilson CZT and she posted the pattern HERE on her blog. Melinda Barlow CZT has a video HERE and there is another video HERE at Bunte Galerie. 

I'm not entirely pleased with the coloring that I did on this one. I had to be careful not to let the colored pencil touch the lines so the color looks kind of splotchy. I much prefer the results I got with my first "Maryhill" drawing. The color is splotchy on that one too but it gave it the effect of worn paint on old wood.

For comparison, here is my first "Maryhill" tile:


2 comments:

  1. Wow - this one has a lot of impact considering it's really a fairly simple design. I like the earlier one better too, but it might be the color combo for me. Nice!

    -Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete