Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Zentangle Fragments


Although I don't have the Zentangle® Primer, I am familiar with the concept of fragments that is featured in that book. After finding the Musterquelle site, which has all of the fragments posted HERE with their reference numbers, I've been playing around with some of them. The tile above shows some of my experiments. I tried several different fragments to see which ones I enjoyed drawing. Note that I've actually tweaked some of them so they're not drawn quite the same as the fragments with those reference numbers assigned to them.

After printing out all of the fragments from that website, I noticed that there are quite a few gaps in the sequence. Apparently the gaps are intentional because it always seems to be the same numbers that are missing for each letter. Perhaps the people at Zentangle left the gaps so that they can add more later. Or maybe the missing ones are only available to CZTs so they weren't published in the Primer. Whatever the case may be, there are plenty of them to give us lots of ideas to try.


The tile above features "Fragment W-1" which you can see HERE.


HERE and HERE are links to "Fragment Q-4" and "Fragment D-2" which I used on the above tile. The tile below only has "Fragment D-2". As you can see, I drew the "curls" on just two sides of each square instead of on all four sides like the original fragment shows.



No comments:

Post a Comment